ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The Abilene Police Department’s K9 Unit attended the United States Police Canine Association (USPCA) Region 25 trials to earn recertification, according to an APD press release.
The trials & certification was hosted by the Wichita County Sheriff’s Office on March 26 – March 30, 2018, according to the release.
22 K9 teams attended the trials.
All Abilene Police Department K9 Officers and their K9 partners earned a certification, according to the release. The certifications were in the areas of General Patrol Dog use, Tracking, Protection and Narcotic Detection.
Additionally, each member of the APD K9 Unit earned an individual award, according to the release.
The awards are as follows:
- 1st place Patrol -Officer Brandon Scott and K-9 Ringo
- 2nd place Patrol- Officer Joshua New and K-9 Tica
- 4th place Patrol – Agent Alfred Dixon and K-9 Karma
- 2nd place Narcotics – Officer Kevin Pyeatt and K-9 Shadow
- 4th place Narcotics – Agent Alfred Dixon and K-9 Karma
- Rookie Dog Award – Officer Katie Snell and K-9 Barco
This article is a press release from the Abilene Police Department